LisH

LisH

Lover Reborn - J.R Ward I was extremely excited for a new BDB read but this one was a little bleh for me. First I'll get my negs out of the way... Too many characters, too many POVs and storylines in addition to seasonal leaps of SUMMER, FALL, just didn't work so well for me. First off John and Xhex are struggling after all that they went thru to be together, really? Qhuinn and Blay who? We meet Xhex's mamman Josephine, no she wants to be called No 'ne, but wait, Tohr wants to call her Autumn. And too much time in Score's head. What I did like... Fewer Lessers which seem to be more disorganized which might be a by product of the BOBs. Score's 2nd Throw is an interesting character, anxious to see if he will be developed further. New drug dealing baddie that is also a vamp and part of the glymera has promise too. The main struggle of Tohr working thru his loss of Wellsie and the baby and moving on to save her from the in-between is touching. His developing relationship with No 'ne is hard to take at first and feels wrong, but Lassiter is there to add comic relief. We get a little more Qhuinn time, Layla time and a potential there with her new attraction. I want Blay and Qhuinn's story now.... Send Saxton home!