LisH

LisH

Darkness Dawns - Dianne Duvall Overall I liked the storyline and characters that were introduced. I can see several stories that could develop. Fairly good world development if not a little too much information. The main characters were likeable if not somewhat corny at times, glad they got their little HEA. Really liked the Seth character and the responsibilities he feels for all the Immortals. Downside of this book was the over explaining, I often felt like I was in a Vampire/Immortals 101 class and nothing was left as a mystery to uncover in future books in the series. Also too much talk of organic foods and veggies, I prefer more plot and the wrap up was a little flimsy, "sorry you wasted 200 years and fell for a lie".

I thought it was leaning towards Ami and Seth hooking up in the next book, but it looks like Marcus will get the girl. This is a first in the series and first time I've read this author. This wasn't one of my favorite first reads of the year, but I plan to continue the series.